applying to the LPN to ADN Transition Program, an applicant must satisfy the math and science prerequisites.
An applicant must have completed one of the following before receiving the LPN to ADN application packet:
•Qualifying placement scores within the last 5 years or
•MAT 080 with a grade of “C” or higher within last 5 years or
•DMA 010-050 with a grade of “P” and DMA 60, 70,80 with a grade of “P” within the last five years or
•MAT 122, MAT 141, MAT 151, MAT 161, MAT 171, MAT 263 course or an approved college algebra math with a grade of “C” or higher (the 5 year rule does not apply to these courses)
BIOLOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY
An applicant must have completed the following before receiving the LPN to ADN application packet:
- Applicants must also have completed BIO 168 and BIO169 with a grade of “C” or higher and PSY 150 with a grade of “C” or higher (the 5 year rule does not apply to these courses)
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- If an applicant has not completed PSY 241 and ENG 111, the applicant will be required to take these courses with NUR 211.
- If an applicant has not completed HUM 115, ENG112, BIO 275, and a humanities/fine arts elective, the applicant will be required to take these courses with the NUR courses noted in the catalog.
MATH PHARMACOLOGY EXAM
- In addition, a satisfactory score must be obtained on a math-pharmacology competency exam.
- Registration is required.
- You will be registered after your completed application packet is received.
Request an Eligibility Review: If you are unsure of meeting the prerequisites, you may request an eligibility review prior to completing STEP 1. Email Dusk Stroud at email@example.com and attach unofficial transcripts and/or placement scores if LCC does not have them on file.
If you have satisfied the math, biology and psychology prerequisites, you are ready to begin the competitive application process.